What we do
The Health Sciences and Practice Subject Centre provides discipline based support to departments and individual academics to provide the best possible higher education learning experience for all students, both in academic and practice contexts. We also work with the wider health professions community to contribute to policy development and implementation. Our work covers the many, and rapidly changing, agendas that are relevant to health professions education and this website provides a wealth of resources to support our constituency.
- Website Find examples of resources, news items, events and e-discussions
- Workshops Learn and contribute in a relaxed environment
- Departmental workshops Facilitate L&T developments and/or organisational change
- Newsletters and e-bulletins: Receive and contribute to regular updates on activities in the field, new resources, events, etc.
- Occasional Papers: A series of commissioned papers covering topical learning and teaching issues
- Special Interest Groups e.g. Interprofessional Education, Practice Education, Problem Based Learning, Assessment
- Mini projects: Grants of around £5000 are available for projects that:
Enhance the student learning experience
Develop learning and teaching resources
- Collaborative Projects and Support e.g. EIPEN (European Interprofessional Education Network), mhhe (Mental Health in Higher Education)
- Student essay competition An opportunity for students to voice their views
- Learning and Teaching Awards HE institution and practice based
- Festivals of Learning Share experiences, hear about and debate the latest educational research and developments