The Health Sciences & Practice Subject Centre has established a network of Departmental Key Contacts throughout UK higher education institutions, professional bodies, subject associations and NHS organisations. We aim to have every relevant department / school/ organisation which is involved in the provision of teaching courses (undergraduate, postgraduate, professional development and / or continuing education) in health sciences and practice represented by one or more Key Contacts who will link with the Centre.
Terms of Reference for the Key Contact role:
- Receiving communications from the Subject Centre and disseminating to all relevant staff within the department / school/ organisation
- Making yourself widely known as a representative in your own organisation
- Promoting the potential benefits of involvement with the Subject Centre within your organisation e.g. professional development, access to a broader community and a UK wide information network
- Encouraging teaching staff to contribute reports, articles and papers to the range of our publications
- Alerting the Health Sciences & Practice Subject Centre to any learning, teaching or assessment issues arising from the work within their organisation, also of relevant projects, publications etc.
- Convening with other Key Contacts in your own organisation or local area
- Maximising opportunities to encourage staff to
a)consider their strategy for helping students learn
b)evaluate and disseminate good practices in learning and teaching including the use of communication and information technology
It is expected that our Key Contacts will:
Attend the annual co-ordination meeting in December: click to view the Network Coordination Meetings page
Give permission for their contact details (name and work email address) available on the website.
We currently have over 340 Key Contacts throughout UK Higher Education health sciences and practice departments and related professional organisations. Is your department/organisation represented?
If you are interested in becoming a Key Contact, please contact us.