At present we have subject advisers covering subjects such as nursing, physiotherapy, pharmacy, etc...
List of Subject Advisers - sorted by subject
The Health Sciences and Practice Subject Centre has identified Subject Advisers, either within a specific discipline and / or with expertise in one or more cross-disciplinary themes. They have an underpinning interest / expertise in learning and teaching and serve as part of a reference group / virtual group in order to:
- Assist the Centre in dealing with relevant enquiries
- Encourage wide discussion and sharing of information on learning and teaching issues
- Take a lead in stimulating debate, e.g. by moderating defined email discussions, taking the lead in a workshop(s) or other events, and / or preparing a short report for publication in the newsletter or elsewhere.
- Engage the community through liaison and co-ordination with practitioners and specialist bodies, encouraging discussion and reflection, and through dissemination related to their area of expertise.
- Convene meetings or host a workshop on a topic of interest to their subject area, providing a venue and feedback to the Centre.
- Advise the Centre on issues relating to their specialist area(s).
- Review learning & teaching materials and web resources on behalf of the Centre.
- Attend the annual network coordination meeting
Please note that, although we are able to reimburse you for expenses incurred, this is not a paid position.
We are currently seeking to add to our Subject Adviser team in the following areas:
- Art, Drama or Music Therapy
- Environmental Health
- Prosthetics & Orthotics
- Rehabilitation Sciences
Can you or do you know someone who could fill one of these gaps?
If you are interested in the role, or know of someone who might be then please email us using detail from the Contact us page. Please attach your CV including a reference which will verify your specialism and more importantly your interest and expertise in Learning & Teaching.
If you would like to discuss the role or would like further information then please don’t hesitate to contact.