The Health Sciences and Practice (HSaP) Subject Centre is one of the 24 Subject Centres which make up the Higher Education Academy. The Higher Education Academy is a UK-wide initiative supported by the four Higher Education Funding Councils in order to enhance the student learning experience.
We work with Departments and individuals who support student learning in both academic and practice contexts in our subject areas and we are closely associated with the Subject Centre Network for Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Medicine through the 'HEALTH' Network Group (Higher Education Academy Learning & Teaching in Health).The Health Sciences and Practice Subject Centre is based at the Waterloo Campus of King's College London
is to work with educators, communities, networks and organizations to promote and enhance student learning in the health related disciplines.
are focused on improving student learning by:
1. Influencing policy
2. Supporting higher education partners
3. Promoting and facilitating professional development and recognition of educators
4. Contributing to the development and dissemination of effective and innovative educational practices
5. Supporting appropriate research and evaluation activities
6. Acting as a proactive, responsive, efficient, transparent and accountable organisation
7. Fostering a collaborative, inclusive ethos that reflects an agreed set of core values
Who we are: